In order to assure a safe, efficient project, we ask that you prepare your home in the following ways:
1. Our crew needs proper access to the building. Please make sure that all driveways are clear to allow for roofing debris (old roofing materials) to be removed and new materials to be delivered.
2. Our usual starting time is between 7:30 a.m. & 8:00 a.m. Please remove any and all cars from the driveways and garage before our crew arrives.
3. Potted plants and lawn furniture should be moved away from the edges of the building. This includes all decks as well as garden areas. If you need assistance with the heavier items please let us know.
4. If you have open beam ceilings, dirt and dust may filter into the interior of the building. We recommend covering anything that could be damaged by the infiltration of dust, such as electronic items or fine furniture, with plastic. We will provide the necessary plastic upon request. This should be done the day before the project begins.
5. Large and heavy mirrors, pictures, etc. should be removed from walls and placed on the floor. Delicate items on shelves and fireplace mantels that could vibrate off and break should be removed as well.
6. We recommend that items stored in the attic or garage be covered. We will provide the necessary plastic upon request.
7. If you have an alarm or security system, please be sure to notify us, and the company that handles your system, as to the schedule of the re-roofing. Note: McLeran, Inc. cannot accept responsibility for these systems.
Perhaps you are considering the addition of a sky light or new gutters to your home. This should be done in conjunction with re-roofing so that proper flashing can be installed. If you are planning to paint your house, it should be done after re-roofing has been completed.
Once again, thank you for choosing McLeran, Inc. for all of your roofing needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.